Our family loves to make our personal strawberry cakes using our famous Melissa’s Home Cooking strawberry jam and we have decided to share our recipe with our customers. So get your Jammin’ on and we guarantee you will love it!
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- Eggs See instructions
- Milk See instructions
- Melted Butter See instructions
- 1 pint Melissa’s Home Cooking strawberry jam
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Melissa’s Home Cooking strawberry jam
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
Mix the strawberry cake mix according to the directions on the package replacing oil for melted butter, water for milk and add one extra egg. Split the cake batter into two greased 8 inch round cake pans. Bake according to the directions on the box of strawberry cake mix.
Beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy and fluffy. Slowly add in powder sugar until well combined. Add in strawberry jam.
When cakes are cooled, spread the remaining strawberry jam on top of one cake. Lay the other cake on top and ice with the cream cheese icing.